Birth happens naturally…. So why not birth your way? Ideal Birth offers a custom birth designed by you.
At Ideal Birth we feel the transition into your new roles as parents is a profoundly beautiful one and should be honored and nurtured. The changes in a woman’s body during pregnancy mark the miracle of conception, of birth, and of love. We work with each of our expectant couples in a unique and intimate way to assist them in best preparing for this monumental moment in your lives.
Doulas: Pre Natal & Post Partum
We offer a team of highly qualified and experienced labor & postpartum doulas trained to assist you in having the best birth experience.
Lactation: BreastFeeding Classes & in home visits
We share our knowledge and experience of breastfeeding and newborn health to assist you in achieving your best breast feeding goals for you & your newborn.
With the proper guidance and support, nearly all moms and babies can breastfeed. If you are experiencing any difficulties or have lots of questions, an in home visit is an easy and welcome solution. Our caring approach and experience allows us to quickly tune in to you and your baby, Identifying the issues in your unique situation and show you effective strategies that will quickly improve your breast feeding success.
What a labor doula can do for you
"Every woman needs not only the father and other chosen partner but also a nurturing, experienced person - a doula- who can calmly and skillfully help her cope with labor and be a reassuring and constant presence for both her and the father." ~Mothering the Mother - Klaus, Kennel, and Klaus.
Benefits of working with a doula:
• Shorter labors
• Increased satisfaction by moms rating their birthing experience
• Deeper involvement and understanding of the birthing process by dads
• Reduced cesarean rates
• Reported lower rates of regional analgesia
• Reported no use of analgesia/anesthesia
• Reduced risk of vacuum extraction or forceps
• Reported in newborns, 5 minute APGAR scores above 7
• Improved breastfeeding directly after birth
Summarized outcomes reported in 4 studies involving 1,000 mothers Published: Childbirth Connection's Cochrane Review of studies on continious labor support (2003, 2007)
What a postpartum doula can do for you
New parents, do better and feel more relaxed with qualified trained support on hand. A Postpartum Doulas is a professional with a wealth of knowledge; She is there to mother the whole family during this gentle time of transition.
This is a great space to write long text about your company and your services. You can use this space to go into a little more detail about your company. Talk about your team and what services you provide. Make your company stand out and show your visitors who you are.
Benefits of working with a postpartum doula:
• New parents, do better and feel more relaxed with qualified trained support on hand. A Postpartum Doulas is a professional with a wealth of knowledge; She is there to mother the whole family during this gentle time of transition.
• Benefits of working with a postpartum doula
• Help show new parents how to understand their baby’s non verbal communications so newborns needs are easily met and parents feel more at ease.
• Teach new parents how to bathe, diaper, calm, & soothe your newborn
• Breastfeeding tips and support, options for feeing and burp your new baby
• Household help, nursery organization, sibling care, meal preparation, and errand running.
Prenatal breastfeeding class
• A comprehensive overview of what every new parent needs to know.
• How to prepare for a successful breast feeding relationship with your baby.
• How to create & maintain optimal milk supply.
• Understand and overcome common challenges.
• Learn the most comfortable breast feeding positions for you and baby.
• How to prepare your body, what to eat, fluid requirements and more.
Clearly the transition of childbirth is more than having a baby; it is a pivotal event in a woman’s personal development”
-Elizabeth Davis Midwife/educator
(818) 850-B-i-r-th (2478)